Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i seafoamed the car today and it didnt really give me that huge smoke show that it gives everyone else i see on youtube. it took about three big revs and the smoke stopped. the car runs alot better after doing this though. i recommend it

·
Registered
394 Posts
i did it on my astro van and went up and down my street on the trip back down you could hardly see. maybe you did not have alot of carbon build up to burn

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a good thing then huh? that means the engine is running clean?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I see those on youtube a lot. Whats the right way to use it?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the right way to use it on a warm engine, take the vacuum hose while the engine is running and pour 1/3 of the container into the vacuum hose and let it turn off by itself. then pour 1/3 into the motor oil, and the other 1/3 into the gas tank. wait 5 minutes and then start the car. it will take a couple of hard cranks to turn on again but once it does its gonna shoot out alot of smoke.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
No the right way to use it is to stuck 100% of the can into the vacuum hose. It's not going to do anything in the oil just burn off when it gets hot, and it's not strong enough cleaner to put in the gas tank. You suck it down at high idle (2000rpm), shut it off, wait 15-30 minutes, then go drive the piss out of it.

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
The one that's attached to your power brake booster.
how does seafoam in my brake booster help the motor?

sorry never ran seafoam through the motor its self just the gas tank...

·
Registered
156 Posts
it doesn't go into your brake booster. pull the hose OUT of the brake booser that goes to the intake and pour it in there. 2person job to keep a high idle and pour at the same time. or stick something in the throttle body, (where the cable is)

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
No the right way to use it is to stuck 100% of the can into the vacuum hose. It's not going to do anything in the oil just burn off when it gets hot, and it's not strong enough cleaner to put in the gas tank. You suck it down at high idle (2000rpm), shut it off, wait 15-30 minutes, then go drive the piss out of it.
He's right, time for a James bond style smoke cloud.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
anybody know this guy?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Used the Sea Foam today. Didn't get as big of a smoke show as I expected but hopefully it worked!

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
631 Posts
WTF propane?

Propane is easier on an engine then starting fluid. I use it all winter long starting dead vehicles from the extreme cold. Don't seem to get the knock as from starting fuild

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Foamed my caprice today. Didn't get the impressive smoke cloud I was expecting. I did find that as I was pouring it, some smoke starting coming from the passenger side somewhere. I guess I have an exhaust leak there I didnt know about?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.