Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fussed a bit wondering the best place to ask, as it doesn't seem quite like a Misk sort of thing. Simply put, is (are) smartphones curtailing access to the good 'ol fashion search function? I've been on the forum using mine before, but not a very gratifying experience. I am not embarrassed to admit there's NWIHell I'd put up with that tiny screen when digging into the weeds and attempting to navigate an Advanced Search. I wouldn't exactly say I live a fuller quality of life defaulting to my 15" laptop and 23" desktop, but I SAHell find it alot less challenging to "drive around" using something without such a tiny windshield so to speak.

So bottomline just wondering if it's growing into a classic case of trying to force a pig to sing by continually harping on "Do a search you LA" while at the same time realizing it's about like pushing a wet rope up a hill for me, not to mention antagonizing the poster for something that's frustrating to perform, and ultimately not achieving the goal anyway.

ps- there have been a onesie twosie recent cases where it was evident the OP took advice and searched the topic, but sorta kinda maybe thinking they (dare I say) sounded a tad older and more prone to have a real computer to make it easier.

As they used to say in the old days; Discuss

and don't get me started on my wife's lameass i-pad. The GDMF touchscreen on that ignernt POS can't never seem to register my F finger temps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I get where the frustration is coming from. I see it all the time on the boards I frequent. you have to remember that convenience is key and booting up a computer is whack compared to tapping on this touch screen. I'd say that the smartphone is capable of doing everything a computer can better and faster, provided the user is up to par.

as for the search function, I always tell people to google "forum name + problem" and that'll get you right where you need to be. now do a search on any forum for the same topic and you'll find yourself searching through thread upon thread before you find what you need.

my $0.02 sent via smart phone

·
Registered
354 Posts
And a vast number of those results end up being empty threads.
That's the problem I have is shuffling through all the dead wood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts