Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you want to know if it will interchange or if there would be any benefits to putting an SS bar on a wagon? I know they will interchange but I'm not sure about the diameter of either bar.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Derek69SS:
My '95 wagon has 1-1/8"
My '95 9C1 has 1-1/4"
Interesting.

My wagon had the spec 28 mm bar (1.102") and the 9C1 I striped was spec 30mm (1.18")

I am not aware of a factory equipped 91-96 "B" body with a 32mm bar ( 1.25)

Looking at the parts book, I don't see one.

If they were why would have people rushed out and hung old "F" body bars? Yes the arm length is shorter, but most don't take that into account.

So, Z28, yes the wagon bar is typically a little smaller. 1 1/8 compared to some sedans 1 3/16.
Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 95wagon:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Derek69SS:
My '95 wagon has 1-1/8"
My '95 9C1 has 1-1/4"
My wagon had the spec 28 mm bar (1.102") and the 9C1 I striped was spec 30mm (1.18")

I am not aware of a factory equipped 91-96 "B" body with a 32mm bar ( 1.25)
</font>[/QUOTE]I guess it could be 1-3/16". The early cars all had standard measurements, so to check what size it was, I'd see what size wrench would fit over it rather than carry a caliper in the toolbox I take to the salvage yard... did the same thing when comparing sway-bars on the caprices (because it's easy). 1-1/8" fit over the wagon bar, but not the 9C1, but the 1-1/4" would... don't have a 1-3/16" wrench.
I checked that over a year ago, so I don't recall how tight the wrench fit over it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stock wagon front bar is a little smaller diameter than the SS/9C1/B4U. But the front SS/9C1/B4U bar will bolt right in place. When I upgraded the bars on my B4U, I put the old front and rear bars on my wagon. For the rear I made some adapters that bolted inside the stock control arms, but step down and inward a little. That, plus Monroe Severe Service shocks made a nice handling improvement on the wagon for not much $$. Need to add a SS/9C1/B4U steering box to complete the package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.