Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted before, but the 95 SS I recently bought has lifters that are a little noisy. If I remember correctly, the factory valve covers had "baffles" that quieted them down a bit, but upgrading to aluminum aftermarket valve covers made them more audible. Do the 1.6 Pro Mags make it worse? Just looking for a little confirmation or guidance.

Thanks.

· Premium Member
5,440 Posts
the promags have more sewing machine noise but with stock vcs they are tolerable.
composite lt4 vcs are quieter but can get fried by headers, even coated ones cwm9

· Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My valve covers are aluminum (not sure of manufacturer) and the noise you speak of is similar to what I have going on.

They don't really sound like they are bad, or loose, just louder than I think they should be.

I remember when I went to comp lifters in my last one, and removed the baffles in my stock covers they were pretty loud. But the guy at Comp said that they would be loud in that they were really close to a solid race lifter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.