Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the instructions for replacing the seat belt on the retractor?

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am contemplating that.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Fred, It's pretty easy. Fully extend the belt. Then use a flat item (I used a kitchen knife) to slide into the slot that the belt goes through. Push the belt out of the slot and then remove the lock pin. WATCH OUT THAT YOU DON'T LET THE WOUND UP RETRACTOR GO!!!! That sucker will remove some skin in a hurry. Installing the new belt, just reverse the process. If you are making new belts, just take your new webbing and the old belt to a local upholsterer and ask him to sew the seams as original. Since they aren't removing the belt from the retractor, there should not be any hesitation on their part.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fred, It's pretty easy. Fully extend the belt. Then use a flat item (I used a kitchen knife) to slide into the slot that the belt goes through. Push the belt out of the slot and then remove the lock pin. WATCH OUT THAT YOU DON'T LET THE WOUND UP RETRACTOR GO!!!! That sucker will remove some skin in a hurry. Installing the new belt, just reverse the process. If you are making new belts, just take your new webbing and the old belt to a local upholsterer and ask him to sew the seams as original. Since they aren't removing the belt from the retractor, there should not be any hesitation on their part.
I'll practice on one that has a worn out retractor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where does one buy new seatbelt material?

I'm thinking about doing this on my FWB, but it is a dual retractor setup, where the beltbuckle-insert is sewed to both the lap and shoulder belt. Is it possible to obtain a setup like this?

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
my question, i guess i dont understand in between the actual removal and replacement of the belt. if the retractor is set aside will it wind up? this part confuses me.

also webbing can be found here CHEAP!

http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/mm5/me...tore_Code=sbp&Category_Code=Seat-Belt-Webbing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.