Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a place online to buy universal black seat belts for the front. but i dont think they will work for the back for two reasons:

1) the "buckles" are way too long (would stick out way too far through the rear seat)
2) the belts mount on top of the package shelf so i dont think the retractor would work

is there any GM or any other make that has black seat belts i could make work?

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have tried a couple shops here in town. none of them can re-web belts apparently. they said the "retractor" type belts cant be disassembled

·
Registered
12,354 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Go to your local upholstery supply house and buy black seat belt webbing. Take your old seat belts to your favorite upholstery shop and have them sew the black webbing the same as the OEM webbing. Done!
thats what i did.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where did you get yours done? how much was it? i might just have mine shipped there since no one wants to do it locally LOL

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
where did you get yours done? how much was it? i might just have mine shipped there since no one wants to do it locally LOL
I only paid a hundred for mines, because I do a lot of business with him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.