Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a complete set of OEM-style seat covers from LeatherSeats.com. The part number is 1994-1996-chevrolet-impalass-smoke-pkg, cost was $1,299 with free shipping. It all looks good in the box. I'll share pictures after I get them installed.

Customer service has been great so far. I ordered the set on January 22nd and the order was delivered on January 25th. I received email to confirm my order and a phone call later that same day saying "thanks for your order, please feel free to ask any questions". My only regret so far is that I wish I had ordered the set a few months ago when it was priced at $999.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes please post some detailed pics of front and rear seats in well lighted areas to see color contrast of interior pieces. I might be interested in a kit. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the SS embroidered letters the same size and font as the originals?

The front seat head rest embroidery is smaller on the original covers. You can see an example in the attached picture. I haven't compared the back seat embroidery, but it may be off-sized, too. My original panels are in good shape so I'll be re-using them.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
Original size/style may have copyright. If that is the sole complaint,then they're fine by me...

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pictures of the installed covers. The quality and final appearance probably depends on the skill of the installer, and I had mine installed by a local professional upholstery shop.

The back seat embroidery looks like a pretty good match. I noticed that the front seat holes for the head rest guides are reinforced with a metal grommet where the original covers are reinforced with stitching.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks good the upholstery shop needs to throw some steam on the leather to get the wrinkles out, but the overall fitting is spot on. I just wished that they keep the same size of SS embroidery in the headrest. I’m Impala SS purist Just very picky. 😂

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Not surprising. Dwindling demand + finite feasible number of patterns and material inventory to retain as active production + pricing that's reaching 25% of the book value of the majority of remaining rolling stock = we're just wasting floor space for plenty of SUVs and minivans to replace our car. lol

A GP might entice them to another run, but all customers would need to be willing to accept the non-oem aspects outlined above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts