Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm trying to put some seats from a 96 Brougham into a box Caprice and have come to a halt with the wiring. The box has a full power driver seat(on the seat) and manual passanger seat. The brougham has full power seats on both side(door mounted directional, seat mounted recline). The Caprice has three separate connection for the switch and the brougham has one long connection. Does anybody know how to solve this problem.

Basically, I need to turn this:

into this:

Any idea? Maybe an adapter?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
a dmm and some wire cutters/strippers to get the 12v pulses to match up is the way i would do it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, test light it is. We ordered the carpet yesterday so just waiting for it to put these seats in. Should be a big improvement over what was left after they left the window down all winter. Just need some black door panels and another window switch for the passaner side.

·
Registered
11,500 Posts
Thanks, test light it is. We ordered the carpet yesterday so just waiting for it to put these seats in. Should be a big improvement over what was left after they left the window down all winter. Just need some black door panels and another window switch for the passaner side.
I have some individual window switches. $14 shipped for a single that will fit front or rear.

You will probably have to paint the door panels. Are you looking for vinyl or velour top panels?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
a test light has no real resistance in it it could blow a relay in the switch and you will be out a motor. anything thats sensitive electronics u should use a dmm so it will not harm the circuit. ive learned my lesson you wanna learn yours?? lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ideal door panel would be something that has switches and in black, material doesn't matter.

As for the dmm, I can't lie, I need more time with it to learn how to use it. I first bought it to read ohm loads during sub installs but couldn't even get that right. Decimal was all over the place so i just relied on calculations. But i won't use the test light.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Double post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts