Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 ex-cop car, the H.P. #'s I've seen dont seem to come close at all with how fast this thing feels. Its difficult not to spin the wheels and they also spin a bit when going into 2nd. Its the 5.7...what are the correct H.P. and torque #'s? What 1/4 times should I expect when I take it to the track. :D

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe it should be around 210 HP and 295 lb-ft. I cant guarantee these numbers, there was a thread where someone posted a like to a site with all the official specs, including at which RPM the HP and torque peaks occurred at. As far as times I would think high 15's maybe mid 15's on a good day, that is if you don't have any mods done to it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lack of HP becomes apparent at higher rpms. They do have some off the line torque that you seem to enjoy! But an LT1 will have you for dinner!The stock LT1 pulls hard all the way to 5000rpm and the LO5's torque drops off just over 3000rpm- if Im not mistaken!
Add a Hot cam or similar cam and the LT1 and it will pull hard all the way to 6500rpm or higher.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have POSI, if not, it will be a lot easier to spin a wheel off the line and bark it going into second, plus there may be a shift kit or something which will also help bark it going into second.

Open your trunk and look at the sticker on the underside of the lid, if it doesn't say G80, you don't have POSI, if it says G80, you do. If you do, when you spin the tires, see if they both spin, and if they both do, see if its an equal amount. If only 1 spins your POSI is burned up and basically an open differential, if 1 spins a lot more than the other its on its last legs, and if they both spin equally its in good condition.

I hope you have POSI and they are both spinning equally. If thats the case it just means you have a good strong motor, which is a good thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts