Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come to try to get the season started for the Southeast Impala Racing Series. We have a race scheduled for Saturday, September 25 at Piedmont Dragway in Burlington/Greensboro, NC. I've already sent out a couple of emails to the usual suspects, and its looking like we may have a dozen or so lined up. Such notables as Norm Pelton, Eric Seaman, Barry Gaudette, Rusty Neese, Corbitt Marshburn, and of course, yours truly. And some of us will be bringing multiple entries.

If the hurricanes out in the Atlantic will stay out there through the next couple of weeks, we should have a good turnout and a great time. I just saw on Horsepowerjunkies.com that a 275 drag radial class race has been rescheduled for that night from last weekend, so that should be a pretty good show at well.

Come one, come all, lets have a ball...

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Plan on showing with the SS and the wagon. Anyone else? The track should have awesome prep for the 275 cars. That's a show in itself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Track Opening at 5:30

Just heard back from the track and they say they are going to be there by 5:30PM. The post for the 275 race says 6PM, so I plan to be there around 5 or so. I plan on having 3 cars there, and several others have said they are coming. Should be a good turnout. And I'm looking forward to seeing the 275 cars run as well. See ya there...

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
Wish i could come, The North Carolina Chiropractic Association is having a ceremony honoring my dad on that day, so i will be in charlotte.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Racin tomorrow night

Looks like things are shaping up well for tomorrow night at Piedmont Dragway. Sorry to hear Shane isn't going to make it, as that's right out his back door. Hopefully Rusty will be there, as its probably the closest track for him as well. I just talked to Fred Gamby, and he is planning to come, as well as Norm and Rob Hamilton. In an effort to keep from having more northern cars than locals, I'm going to bring three cars. I'll drive the blue one, Joe Huestis is coming to drive the white one, and Beki says she's going to drive the red one. With Eric bringing two cars, we'll have enough to have a good race.

Yall come on out and join us!!!

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Dixie Classic

Doesn't matter. The locals always win.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Great Racing at Piedmont Dragway

Thanks to all that came out last night for a great night of racing. Norm and Rob made the most of their long hauls by being in the finals, with Rob getting by Norm for the win. Also there was Eric, Jeff Short, driving Eric's draggin' wagon, Joe Huestis, driving my white 96, Rebecca Davenport, driving my red 94 daily driver, and yours truly, in the blue bomb, picking up the first and only red light of the evening.

An especially big thanks to Piedmont Dragway for their hospitality. When we were ready to run, they pulled us around everyone else and lined us up and let us go. They also had a 275 Drag Radial class running with 14 cars running 5.10s that put on a great show. Go to Piedmontdragway.com for more info.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Congrats to Rob FTW and Norm for the runner up spot. Hopefully our Southern heat wasn't too bad. 98 degrees yesterday for another day above 90.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Doesn't matter. The locals always win.

Congratulations Rob H.

and Norm r/u!

GTOFRED

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Ben Franklin

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congrats to Rob and Norm on their finishes and thanks for making the long haul down. Sorry I couldnt make it out. Looking forward to seeing you guys at SSHS.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
congrats to the both rob and norm. i know the sting of a long drive and early exit. i have a recurring staph infection i picked up in college playing ball and it has decided now is a great time to visit. anti biotics make me nauseas and it also brings a fever. since shane and devon werent going i didn't have access to the garage and the changing of tires and crawling on the ground i thought might be a little much. hope to see you all soon or in atlanta or both.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
congrats to the both rob and norm. i know the sting of a long drive and early exit.
hope to see you all soon or in atlanta or both.
Missed ya Rusty!! Hopefully the next race, oh, that's Hotlanta! Of course we'll see you there.

Bob D., thank the track officials, they did a great job, made us feel right at home. Loved the way they pligged and played up the Impala Series.

Eric, "Doesn't matter. The locals always win. ", was a pleasure meeting you first round!!

Seriously, had a blast. Wasn't looking forward to the ride home though but the win took the pain away!!

Thanks again Bob D and all the NC folks!!

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
anti biotics make me nauseas and it also brings a fever. since shane and devon werent going i didn't have access to the garage and the changing of tires and crawling on the ground i thought might be a little much. hope to see you all soon or in atlanta or both.
GWS Rusty's drippy vag.

Congrats Roberto!

Just kidding Rusty!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Missed ya Rusty!! Hopefully the next race, oh, that's Hotlanta! Of course we'll see you there.

Bob D., thank the track officials, they did a great job, made us feel right at home. Loved the way they pligged and played up the Impala Series.

Eric, "Doesn't matter. The locals always win. ", was a pleasure meeting you first round!!

Seriously, had a blast. Wasn't looking forward to the ride home though but the win took the pain away!!

Thanks again Bob D and all the NC folks!!
Great job Rob for your win and what can I say about Norm, he is always right there in the background ready to steal a win, good job Norm. Missed this one I got mixed up on my dates. Started down last saturday and lost a waterpump. I guess the car new the right date, LOL.
I have signed up for the SSHS10 race and will be there to see what I can do and have some fun.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Technically no locals showed. Every had about a two hour drive or more :) Can't complain losing by .05 to Rob H. I believe the LED tree was killing most of the group that night.

It's been awhile for a first round loss it was more like "Who had the worst light" that night. It was fun actually watching the 275 cars tear up the track. 5.0xx's at 140 mph plus.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Sorry Eric, but that statement is damn funny!!!

Congrats Rob and Norm!

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Congrats ROB!!!!
See you at 75-80, BUDDY!

-Nab

1 - 20 of 30 Posts