Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
9C1 blue

I have a SEM color chart on order. I'm looking to match the color for my 94 Caprice with the typical 9C1 blue interior.

I don't know if it's the same or not but I'll let you know what looks the closest. That is, if this thread still exists by then.

I've noticed that the interior forum threads keep disappearing, including the thread I started where I asked the same question for my car.

·
Administrator
6,192 Posts
Nick has the right colour! He has dyed stuff in his car. Looks great in the pics I have seen...

The 9C1 blue is the same as the RM colours I posted above.

Jason.

·
Administrator
6,192 Posts
Well, I took the paint chip card outside and held up the samples to my interior on my Caprice. That's how I got Wedgewood. I've heard it is discontinued, though...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds like the beginning of a bEAUtifuuuul sticky on SEM colors. I like the concept. Make it happen :)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yeah Frank started the old sticky. I think he actually got a custom mix but they gave it a color code so anyone can order it now. Wish I had wrote that down...

·
Registered
121 Posts
color card

I think it is Wedgewood Blue, but Fred thinks that Bluemist is the closer match (but neither of us has tried them yet). I do have the colour chart, btw.
I compared my interior 9C1 blue with the color card that I just got...the bluemist looked perfect until I took the pictures to show you guys..

the pictures look like a horrible match..must be the extra light from the flash, so I'm guessing that if you painted a large surface that it wouldn't match at all....

I've seen other people saying that Wedgewood is the correct color but I can't find it anywhere...

I wonder if we could set up a group purchase...I'd like to get 2 or 3 cans to have on hand...do we know anyone that could make the spray cans for us??????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Look at the my signature picture below of my 94 RMW. The console used to be gray. This is what I bought: SEM Color Coat #4820 Medium Adriatic Blue.

It is a perfect match, not close, perfect! It is perfect for 94 to 96 Roadmasters, I believe it should be the same for Chevies of those years. I got these numbers originally from Frank's sticky.

Tom C.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Look at the my signature picture below of my 94 RMW. The console used to be gray. This is what I bought: SEM Color Coat #4820 Medium Adriatic Blue.

It is a perfect match, not close, perfect! It is perfect for 94 to 96 Roadmasters, I believe it should be the same for Chevies of those years. I got these numbers originally from Frank's sticky.

Tom C.
looks good. do you know of a place that still sells that paint?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yes, I do know of a place. Great company and good guy on the phone. He will tell you what you need. There is some preparation stuff that you need. Here it is: http://www.vinylpro.com/

Noticed that you wanted 2 or 3 cans. For a custom mix, there is a minimum of 3 cans.

Tom C.

·
Registered
198 Posts
SEM codes

Hello all, I spent some time on the phone today with the folks at SEM and this is what I was told:

Ruby Red GM code 79I = SEM 4791
Light Beige (Tan) GM code 64I= SEM 4693
Light Grey (SS Grey) GM code 14I= SEM 4698
Med DRK Adriatic Blue (94 to 96 Police car blue) GM code 30I= SEM 4820

As Tom (Silverfox) wrote there are several other products that you will need to get an OEM like result. Prep is the key...good luck.

John

·
Registered
121 Posts

Tom C.
Just in case anyone was still wondering...I bought some of the SEM 4820 and painted some red door pulls I bought off e-bay.

Check out the pic on this other thread.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?p=2448605#post2448605

It really is an EXACT match. At first I thought it was coming out grey but once you get a couple layers on, the blue becomes more apparent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.