Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '94 9C1 and need new shocks. I'll be changing out the 9C1 springs for Impala springs when the shocks are changed. The NAPA site offers Sensa-Tracs and notes they are not for police cars. Is that because of the 9C1 springs? So, if I switch to Impala springs, will I be able to order those shocks? I'm confused
. I want the Sensa-Tracs because I personally like the cushy, floaty feel. Does anyone have the combination Sensa-Tracs/Impala springs on their 9C1? What is the correct part numbers for front and rear Sensa-Tracs for this combination on a 9C1? Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do a search for "Monroe Severe Service" under the suspension forum. First post made on them.

They give a better ride than the SensaTracs while giving better handling.

If you insist on Sensatracs, 5801/5955 are the correct 9C1 PNs and what they recomended before the Severe Service was introduced. 5906/5966 for Impala SS springs. Don't mix them. You won't get a cush ride...

The Severe Service shocks, 550012/550013 work equally well with any spring.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run the 5906 and the 5966 in a 9c1 with its original springs.I have seen them listed for the 9c1 application a few places? But not sure whats up with that.What I can say is I like them in my car but they are new and were a gift from a lady friend.Most likely i will try switching to the monroe severe duty in 6 to 8 months.But I am happy with the overall performance of the Sensatracs in my 9c1 the car rides firm and seems to have very good control hitting dips and bumps !

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put sensatracks on the rear of my 9C1. Ugh no thanks, waaaaaaay to floaty. Should have done it right the first time and purchased bilsteins or the severe service edition

1 - 5 of 5 Posts