Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done putting my new engine in and in the process of either removal or installation I accidentally smashed this sensor. It is in a 3x3 block off what looks to be the pressure side of the transmission line about 6 inches off the transmission on the passenger side.

My question... Do I need this or can I just run a new trans line without it. My fear is it is used by pcm to determine the trans temp and therefore the lockup of the converter due to temp... If I do need it, does anyone have a part number? The stealership can't seem to figure out what I'm talking about.

o btw its a 94 fleetwood Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Try Hamilton Chevrolet.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
I've heard people claim it's not needed. The factory trans line w/o sensor block is much cheaper. There are a bunch of posts/threads discussing this.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not really needed and won't even throw a code. My suggestion is to AN the lines.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I deleted it last night, and the converter won't lock up, is this in the tune to recognize the temp before it locks up?

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
the tc wont lock up until the trans reaches a certain temp but the temp sensor that is involved is part of the valve body pressure switch assembly.
the outside sensor is only for trans overheating situation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the tc wont lock up until the trans reaches a certain temp but the temp sensor that is involved is part of the valve body pressure switch assembly.
the outside sensor is only for trans overheating situation.
Ok. I'm pretty sure after doing a ton of research the guy who did my tune put the wrong bin file in seeing it's a 94 it's unique with the way it sees the tcc for lockup. Is there anyone in Michigan near grand Rapids that has the ability to tune that actually knows what they are doing? The original tune I had on it was from vince at trifecta motorsports but he no longer supports the lt1 obd1 anymore. He did a fantastic job and the shop that tuned it imo ripped me off. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts