Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Mods have spent considerable effort on numerous stickies listing all common part numbers.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Where can I find them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Geez, you been a member here a while and surprised you have not heard of "Skickies" before. Not trying to beat you up here but at the TOP of each Section are Common type of issues, Problems, Questions, etc that are in threads called a "Sticky" In this case, you want to refer to the "Engine Problems and Maintenance" Section and look for the Part Number Sticky. I'll make this easy for you.....

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/34-engine-problems-maintenance/227215-list-maintenance-part-numbers-old-sticky.html

All the sensor numbers should be listed there.

I can understand you wanting to replace ALL the Sensors while the engine is out, but that could be a large amount of wasted money to replace sensors that are "maybe" still good. Instead, why not just consider replacing the sensors that are hard to get to once the motor is installed? If others fail later, you can eplace them easily. the only sensors I would consider replacing using this logic would be the Knock Sensors and the Engine Coolant Sensor in the passenger Side Head but even that 1 is not too bad to replace in the car.

As far as a list of Engine Sensors, they're aren't as many as you may think. Here are the sensors (besides those above) that I can think of off the top of my Head.....

Mass Airflow, IAT, IAC, MAP, Coolant Sensor in WP, CPS ('96 only).

In addition to the sensors you may want to consider the Purge Solenoid and EGR Solenoid not to mention the EGR Valve (Tuff replace in the car) at the back of the engine. I would also focus on replacing ALL of the Vacuum Hoses and the PCV Valve including all the hoses on the Charcoal canister hidden behind the bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts