Registered
858 Posts
my my my

I need that rim and tire combo on my IMP. very nice! I'd like to see more pics

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I need that rim and tire combo on my IMP. very nice! I'd like to see more pics
Ditto!!!! That has got to be a 315 section tire in the back it looks so big!! Great NASCAR/racecar vibe to whole presentation!

I like the color combo as well. Not for my car but I like it.

Also what lowering springs did the owner use?? It's got a sweet sleek stance!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for the votes and compliments!

Previous car was chitbox 93 9C1 that blew a head gasket. Found this 96 B4U for a few hundred dollars more than what it was going to cost to fix the 9C1, and had full leather/power. It was originally Marblehead Metallic with grey interior.

The guy I bought it from had already deleted the antenna, trunk key, wheel moldings, and hood ornament. I picked up new-in-box fiberglass smoothie bumpers cheap off craigslist, and used a homie hookup over at a paint shop to get bumpers on and car sprayed. Before paint:

The rear wheels are also a craigslist score - N97's stretched to 10" that were used with slicks at the track, but the guy wrecked his Impala and sold the wheels to me. I had the whole set painted and put BFG 245/60's up front and 295/50's out back. I get the most compliments and questions about the wheels

I've been repairing/replacing/modifying/customizing as needed, becomes available, or can afford it. I scored another craigslist find on a lot including the headers, Holley TB, tuned PCM, F-body MAF & aluminum radiator for $500. Changed up my engine bay quite a bit with that one buy

The interior is showing it's age, but will get a complete makeover in 2015. I'll be going all out on that. Most recently I participated in the Phoenix Spree "Cannonball Run" and was up against some pretty stiff competition - Lotus Elise, Hemi SRT8 Charger(that was a beast), '12 SS Camaro, Porsche 935, C6 Vette, 280Z that was fast as **** to name a few

I didn't win the race, but did get Host's "Choice" award. Here she is on race day

And another downtown by the Diamondbacks stadium

My submission pick was from a massive cruise "freeway takeover" hosted by one of the local car promoters. This is me waiting to start that run

Here is me with my Uncle-in-Law and his numbers-matching '66 Charger at a charity car show just after my 3rd place win @INC Madness 2(trophy in engine bay)

I do enjoy driving my Cappy, and is usually my daily driver. She is showing some signs of road use, but was never intended to be a trailer queen. This one gets driven!!!

Thanks again everybody

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice car G_S. Congrats!!

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
VERY well deserved win! Thanks for the history and details. A lot of effort, and all pulled together into quite a good look there.

Now enough about you. More pics of your in-law's Charger!

·
Registered
138 Posts
VERY well deserved win! Thanks for the history and details. A lot of effort, and all pulled together into quite a good look there.

Now enough about you. More pics of your in-law's Charger!

Thanks! Here are some more pics of Uncle's Charger:

Here is his car show "make out point" set up: flower vase, chilled alcohol, rear seats folded down with blankets

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Congrats on the win G S. Great pic and cool looking car.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Thanks! Here are some more pics of Uncle's Charger:
Nice....... Ride......

You best stay on his good side.

I didn't have the $1,600 as teenager to buy an as-new 4-year old one. I guess you can tell I never quite got over it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Interior items going in

So here's the stash of interior items that I've been collecting, that are going in this month:

• Replacing dash pad and adding cover
  • Replace lower dash and repaint
  • 96 Impala steering column
  • z28 cluster
  • Monte Carlo wheel
  • Roadmaster HVAC conversion
  • Oldsmobile LSS center console/floor shifter
  • Olds LSS seats (to be reworked)
  • Blazer overhead console
  • New carpet
  • New headliner
  • Replace door panels

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on the win...

·
Registered
138 Posts
New interior mostly done

After a long time planning, and having a vision in my head, the interior is in. There a few minor things to work out, but I'm happy with how it came out so far:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts