Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale: complete set of stock '95 Impala SS seats.
Link to pics: http://www.winkflash.com/photo/public.aspx?u=photogenix&ic=7643477
There is a small worn-through area on the front left corner of the driver's seat (what a surprise!) in the upper panel only and a slightly dried looking area on the outside upper shoulder area of the passenger seat.
Overall condition is very good; the car has traveled 104k miles.
I'm selling the seats because I have done the Bonneville conversion and do not want to store them.
Selling as a complete set only, for local pickup in West Palm Beach, FL area.
Asking $750.00

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Your Dreaming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

It's just the starting point for negotiations and I based it on what I had seen on eBay.

The value of anything is only what someone is willing to pay and someone is willing to accept at the same moment in time but you have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Thanks for the advice.

It's just the starting point for negotiations and I based it on what I had seen on eBay.

The value of anything is only what someone is willing to pay and someone is willing to accept at the same moment in time but you have to start somewhere.

Yeah, but this ain't ebay. Your gonna have a hard time selling those worn out seats for your asking price.
Most peeps on here sell their stuff to help out the fellow b-body'er, not price gouge them.:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm overwhelmed

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

The two Impala clubs I belong to make new members feel at home but the only feeling I have so far experienced here is that it is a sounding board for a group of unpleasant, rude, antagonistic egotists who have nothing better to do than slag off new-comers to inflate their own sense of self-importance.

Actually, it's none of your ****ing business what asking price I set so why don't you all butt-out and leave me and the interested parties to do business without the whining from the peanut gallery about how expensive it is and your misguided, uninformed assessment of my character.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
hey give the guy a break. hes a newbe. i am sorry for your rude welcome.your right! you can ask whatever you want.im sure you would be glad to take offers instead of insults.good luck on your sale

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Offers welcome

Thanks, Tim. I was beginning to feel quite lonely. It's an honor to be a member of a club where the fellowship of the experience is as uplifting as ours.

·
Super Moderator
5,774 Posts
It's funny, the only ones breaking the rules on this thread are the vets. The newb posted a price. If you don't like it, don't buy his seats.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think that the members were trying to be helpful in saying your price was too high. Is it any of their business? Not really, but I don't think there was malice involved. On some forums I belong to, it's not allowed to comment on the price of For Sale items. The feeling is that the price is between the buyer and seller.

Anyway, welcome to the board.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Apologies

I apologize to all concerned for the outburst. I was taken by surprise and over-reacted.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Nice Welcome, So I suppose you went to the New Member section and introduced yourself and have made other posts right? Doubt it, I bet your 6 posts are in this thread, so welcome to our forum to sell things. Thats why your here right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why?

You are right about my six posts for which, in the light of new knowledge, I also apologize.

I was experiencing a good deal of excitement over the interior make-over my car has just had and was searching the web for Impala parts for sale so that I could compare prices and hopefully sell my stock seats in order to recoup some of the recent expenditure. I came across this forum with a huge For Sale area and blundered right on in without thinking; I had no malintent. This was simply my first order of business and I didn't realize how offensive it would be to other members.

Until I met you as the first responder to my post, I was really thrilled to have found such a great forum dedicated to the Impala SS but you spoiled it because you are a most wretched person with so much pent-up hostility that your life is likely a dour, miserable affair with few redeeming moments save the cynical attacks you make on naive inductees to this forum.

The sale of my stock seats is so trivial in comparison to what I had hoped for as a member of this forum that it pales into insignificance and if the consensus is that I should withdraw the offer, then I'll be happy to do just that; likewise my membership. So, to answer your question, no, I am not here simply to sell things and the taste in my mouth is soured by your accusation.

The philosophy whereby an innocent mistake can lead to abusive behavior by over-zealous members of the establishment belongs back in the days of witch-hunts and oppression. I get as much pleasure as anyone from driving my SS and will never promote or indulge in hostility towards another just because he made a social gaff. For goodness' sake, keep it in proportion.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts