Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I dislike the look of them, I think I'll be buying one to mount my third gauge, the transmission temperature gauge. My current two are at the 9 & 3 O'Clock positions in the dash cluster trim piece.

I don't care for the pods that I have seen, as that they seem to be quite deep and extend the gauges inside the cabin away from the pillar quite a bit.

Is there any vendors anyone has had personal experience with that seem to be more modest in their design, and not so deep?

I'd appreciate any leads on suppliers and pictures if anyone has one they'd like to show.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
There's a reason they're the depth they are - the gauges themselves require a few inches behind them for not only the gauge, but your connections. These connections are usually solder-free crimp-style. All-in, you probably need 3" behind the bezel for the gauge itself, connections, and wiring.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Hey Junior - just a thought but have you given any consideration to making your own A-Pillar triple pod? What I'm thinking is back when I was considering adding Tweeters to my A -pillars, I found some videos that show how you could do this yourself.

The same process could be considered if you want to add Pods for Gauges. You could get the gauges, make up some rings and determine yourself how deep they need to be. Get some fiberglass, bondo and some SEM paint and have at it. If you have a spare a-pillar or 2 to play with why not give it a shot. Yo may even be able to pick up a Triple pod addon and modify that piece to use as your base for bodyworking your a-pillar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts