Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got a few pics taken of the FW. Thought I'd post them.. well.. just because.

A friend of mine gave me this idea for tags:

I had the old purple and damaged tint removed. Here is the new 35% tint installed.

And Friday after lunch, this happened:

Thank you, we now return to our regularly scheduled forums.....

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll double your 100K and add 7K more....

Looks like ride I parked next to last night! Cool!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice car and awesome plates!

We need to have a Virginia Fleetwood GTG since there are 4 of us on the board from Virginia!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mike, your door is ajar. (no, it's a DOOR!) Ba dum bump. ;)

Looks great. Love the plates! :D

My MASSOL plates are coming in the mail. (say it out loud ;) )

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the complements. He's a work in progress, but then it seems all of my cars are.

RamAirRocket, I got ya beat. Roadmonster has 236K! :D

96Fleetwood, that'd be cool. I love cruising with this car! Give me an excuse to head coast-ward. Another WAIL'er has a FW too, I've only seen it once though.

toomanytoyz, No more YEHAA huh? And your sense of humor is as twisted as mine.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I am racking them up fast, I run around 33K to 36K a year. I'll roll 207K tomorrow. Every 10 days is another 1000 miles... Minimum...

How has reliability been? Mine has been fantastic. Just done brakes, tires, fix and exhaust clamp, drag link, oil, oil filter and air filter changes and that is really about all I have had to do in the past 56K miles since I have had the car.

Originally posted by DBeaSSt:
Thanks for the complements. He's a work in progress, but then it seems all of my cars are.

RamAirRocket, I got ya beat. Roadmonster has 236K! :D

96Fleetwood, that'd be cool. I love cruising with this car! Give me an excuse to head coast-ward. Another WAIL'er has a FW too, I've only seen it once though.

toomanytoyz, No more YEHAA huh? And your sense of humor is as twisted as mine.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by RamAirRocket:
How has reliability been? Mine has been fantastic. Just done brakes, tires, fix and exhaust clamp, drag link, oil, oil filter and air filter changes and that is really about all I have had to do in the past 56K miles since I have had the car.
Great actually. I bought it in 04 with 180K. The ONLY time it's given me problems is when the fuel pump went out this spring. Other that that I've only put maintenance stuff into it. Tuneup, brakes, etc. Now having said that, it's on tranny #2 which was installed somewhere around 170Kish by the previous owner, who is on the Forums here.

Car has been to NY and back (WagonFest06) to NC and back twice and all over VA.

Oh, on another note. I had an oil sample analyzed recently. Engine shows very little wear, even for one of it's age!

Counting on the FW to be just as reliable! :D
Mike

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine turned 100K earlier this past summer on the drive over to the drag strip.
Thought that was somehow fitting that my first trip to the track and beat on it was the same time it "rolled over".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts