Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did all the mods on the throttle body, and i am hooking the caprice upto the 4 gas analyzer tomorrow at school to determine my air/fuel ratio. i have another problem know that i modified alot. my 700r4 is shifting 6000RPM at WOT. anyone have any tricks to bring my shift points down without messing with the tv cable? and maybe the cost off a good rev limiter? thanx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Working on the TB made that much of a difference in the shift point?I have not worked on mine yet,I was gonna do it in the next few weeks.Did it give you enough power to notice?

Durand

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time to start playing with the governor springs and weights.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What were your shift points before the TB modifications. If it was high, 95Wagon is right. If it was normal before, you will need to properly adjust the TV cable. Remember that on the 700, the TV controls line pressure & shift points.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the shift piont was about 5200rpm and if you need some tips let me know. and i was worried about messing with the tv cable cause low pressure burns the tranny up. cant i buy an aftermarket revlimiter or something?
PS:the throttle body came after the cam and dual exuast flowmasters with no cats so the throttle body was the week piont in airflow through my motor thats why i believe the increase was so awsome and the adjustable fuel pressure reg gave me the extra gas i was missing! thanx for replying i was begining to think no one wanted to help more thoughts would be appreciated

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, off topic, but what cam did you install? do you have a 350 or a 305?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by willcaprice:
i was worried about messing with the tv cable cause low pressure burns the tranny up. cant i buy an aftermarket revlimiter or something?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are right about lowering the shift points with the TV cable being a NO NO.
You need the TV cable to be full tight at full throttle.
The shift points are a balancing act between shift valves and the governor. If your shift kit had diffence springs in the valve body , which most, do the shifts would be effected.
It has been a couple of years since I put a Transgo in a 7004R but it did come with an assortment of governer springs.
That will move all shifts up or down. If it is just some shifts, you need to muck with shift valve springs.
Hopefully some one else will chime in as it has been a while and I can't give you better specifics.
A rev limiter is not going to help because , depending on type the engine will turn off or go sour before the shifts. You really don't want that.
Regards, Gerry

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the cam i got is crn-104211 wich is 204/214 duration and 429/459 lift after the 1.6 roller rockers.it the 91 350 9c1 with 3.42 gears. and about the shift pionts maybe i should tale to my tranny guy he put in an after market redline for me he would know huh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts