Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to convert my wagon to a floor shifter - I picked up a Rivi center console but will need the shifter and cable - Can anybody point me in the right direction - thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-I'm sure others will post much more comprehensively than me, and I know the search function will give you a bunch of info, but here's a bit that might help.

I have been told that any floor shifter from any 4L60E will work. I have the shifter, cable, etc. from a 93 Camaro and it looks to be perfectly suitable. There is a local '94 ImpSS owner who has done this swap with the same mechanicals.

If you are making the wrecking yard run, be absolutely certain to get the pivot/bracket mounted onto the gear selector shaft on the side of the trans. The floor shifter cable will not mount properly to the pivot in a column-shifted car.

For what it's worth. I was going the same route as you. I even picked up 2 Riv consoles and scrounged the shifter parts, etc. Then I looked at the prices for some decent NEW B&M floor shifters, and some of the outstanding owner-built center consoles posted here, and I've decided to go that way.

It's probably a wash $$ wise, and I end up with all new mechanicals mounted into a console that will suit me perfectly. Just a thought.

-Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The simplist and most complete way to convert to floor shift and Riviera console is to just get a B&M Hammer shifter - costs about $190.00 from Jegs. Slam that puppy on the floor and be done with it.

Beleive me if I can put one of these in and make it look halfway decent- anybody can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
- I admit it 92RMW ! !

Watching your floor shifter and console decisions evolve was what inspired me to begin this journey. Your final iteration looks absolutely factory from evey angle. Very cool!

I am going with the custom console because I love my RMW armrest and all of its features, and because I'm intrigued by the console mounted, touch screen, MP3 based sound systems I've seen posted on MP3car.com.

I will be using a B&M console shifter also. $159.00 on Ebay right now. Can't go wrong.

-Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by 92RoadMonsterWagon:
The simplist and most complete way to convert to floor shift and Riviera console is to just get a B&M Hammer shifter - costs about $190.00 from Jegs. Slam that puppy on the floor and be done with it.

Beleive me if I can put one of these in and make it look halfway decent- anybody can.
I also caught the "console bug" from you!! WHat part number is that shifter and did it come with a cable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.