Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after installing a center console ,is there a replacement piece to delete the shifter from the steering wheel column?If so, what is the GM PN#?I really like the look of the console,the Rivi looked very nice ,the vents add some coolness to the rear passengers too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
About 2 years ago I converted my 95 impala SS to floor shift. I used all GM parts from a 96 SS except for the NAISSO floor bracket. Well after all this time the converison has had no problems. The column is still the same, I have the proper shifter bowl to replace the stock unit but nobody wants to change it. I will have to look shifter bowl and get the part number. The bowwl is from a 87 grand national or monte carlo SS it turns when you shift from the floor. This is good because you stock shift indecator on the dash will still work.

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have never changed out these pieces, it is one of the most time consuming and difficult conversions to make. I have a t56 in my RM sedan, and I just removed the lever from the column. In working on cars for over 30 years as a living, I refuse to do them for customers. Just my .02 cents worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.