Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Greyhound is the cheapest. The best way is UPS. You can get boxes real cheap from U-haul that will fit most wheels, or just put cardboard on the sides. If your work allows you can save a bunch by shipping from a business address and pay the UPS guy. Also you can save money if the UPS guy picks them up from your house instead of taking them to the UPS store. Call your local UPS and ask them how they recommend. A member on the forum shipped me a set of 4 wheels and at first they were gonna charge him way too much. He saved money by buying the boxes from U-haul, and then saved money by scheduling them to pick them up from his house instead of shipping them from the UPS store, sounds dumb I know! lolz Think it cost him about $130 for all four.

· Premium Member
1,359 Posts
I had four WIDE wheels shipped to me last November. 2 were 17"X10.5" and 2 were 17"X11". They were individually packaged in a cardboard box and filled with newspaper packing. It was right at $100 to ship all 4 wheels UPS ground.

· Registered
358 Posts
cheapest = cardboard on each side, covered in a garbage bag, shipped on a greyhound bus
Don't do this anymore. Greyhound will often refuse to load anything in garbage bags. Even if you get it on at the start, at any transfer point they might just leave it sitting. It even says on the Greyhound web site that they refuse to allow garbage bags as luggage/shipping containers.

· Premium Member
724 Posts
Variation of one previously mentioned for wheels with tires mounted:

Cardboard circles attached to each face, wrap with packing wrap (the clear shrink-wrap type stuff), wrap packing wrap with tape to prevent unravelling. Ship via UPS/FedEx/Greyhound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.