Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how the "soft" Bilsteins compared to the stock deCarbons? I've decided on Bilsteins and am trying to decide which ones. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure about the soft ones. I have the firm Bilsteins and they are great! Handles like a race car but very road worthy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the soft(1516&1517)Bilstien's on my SS, and I love then A little stiffer than the deCarbons, but very comfortable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it should be noted that the "soft" bilsteins are actually valved stffer than the "Stiff bilsteins" it is jsut that they are not a linear valve, so they are very soft until suspension movement is fast enough to stiffen them, then they get very firm, the stiff bilsteins are linearly valved, so you always feel them. I prefer linear valving, and didn't like the soft bilsteins I had on the old car compared to the HAL's I have now on any setting (linear valve) just because I like having the car always ride the same and not suddenly get bone jarring over rough pavement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decisions, decisions, decisions.... I think I'll be happy which ever way I go. Thanks for the info. This hour I've decided on the linear ones. I'll let you all know what I get and how I like them once I get them on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.