Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on dropping my car with a suspension upgrade,haven't decided on dropped spindles or springs yet. I'm wanting to improve the handling,I may want to auto cross next summer.

Has anyone had or know of anyone who has tried ride techs stand alone shocks? They have a new shock called the
select series. In default mode [no power applied], the lower valving stack is engaged and provides a very compliant ride to optimize a plush ride quality. When power is applied through a dash mounted control panel, the upper valve stack is engaged to firm up the ride quality and provide extra cornering and handling performance, or to optimize ride quality when towing or carrying a heavy load such as passengers , luggage or a trailer.
There are numerous options depending how much $$$ you want to spend. I realize ride tech is expensive,but what I understand is they have products that may be second to none. I'm going with an air bag rear suspension on my dually Ram when we buy our new 5ver soon.
I'm also interested in opinions on their adjustable Aluminum Shock.

Sorry bout the long winded post.(needed someone to type tocwm4)
Thanks-Casey

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody? comments? smart ass remarks? Where is everybody?

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Someone asked about coilovers a while back, and got a response about safety. The coilovers would attach to the same points as the shocks. This could cause the bolts to break, because they are not designed to carry the weight of the car. If I were to install coilovers, I would get the lower arms from the same manufacturer for the front, and figure out how to reinforce the rear mounts on the axle, and frame. The spring perches on the stock parts are made to handle the weight of the car, and you should consider making mounts which can handle the same weight. I would even consider reinforcing the upper shock mount on the front for use with coilovers.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not interested in their coilovers. I'm leaning towards the select series powered by the switch,just wanted to know if anybody heard good or bad about their shocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts