Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced the lower shock support not being aligned with the shock itself. The support pegs on mine go through at an angle. The upper control arms were adjusted to the recomended length. I am almost tempted to bend the pegs down so they line up with the shock better. Is it possible to change the pinion angle and get the lower peg to line up (same angle) with the shocks and still be within proper pinion angle alignment? Has anyone seen this before?????????? :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try this instead--

Put a series of washers on the stud end of the lower mount where it passes through the hole in the axle. Of course, depending on the length of the stud, you can only go so far with spacing the lower shock mount forward away from the axle bracket.

From your post, I'll say that you absolutely should NOT adjust pinion angle (which equates to tilt of the axle) just to get the lower shock mount studs realigned--you are asking for trouble if you follow that path.

I was at Hotchkis Performance yesterday, and just happened to ask how they did it, and they supply a spacer with their Xtend package--for installation as I described above, but the axle is moved back only 1/2" in that setup, so the spacer isn't going to be as thick as might be needed for a 3/4". setup.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your shock mount is not bent or out of position. It appears that way when the rear end is hanging in the extended condition. As it is lowered on the ground, the pinion angle moves back where it should be, and the pins will be level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.