Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the 0929 Bilsteins on the rear of a wagon or 91-92 sedan
with 255/50x17 tires. The low rear fender well can be an issue, and I'm wondering.
Can you remove the wheel with the shock fully extended?

------------------
Rich A 95 1A2 SEO Wagon
Austin, TX

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This would be better if it were posted in suspension

------------------
Shane Cobb
1996 DGGM SLP true ram air hood and airbox,S-10 torque converter, 3.73 gearset,LT4 ESC Module,Hypertech,Flowmaster catback,Moog Idler arm and centerlink,Buick Brace,Chromed stock rims,Cadillac Fleetwood carpet,GM Ventvisors,275-40 eagle GSC's.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about posting under suspension. But have you noticed that there is no suspension category under B-Body or wagons? The only suspension category is listed under "Impala" and this does not pertain to any Impalas, they don't have the full rear wheel well (fender skirt type). So therefore don't have the same issue with removing the rear wheel. Maybe there could be a "suspension" and "brakes" category added for Wagons and/or B-Bodies.

------------------
Rich A 95 1A2 SEO Wagon
Austin, TX

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 91 and it seems to me that it's easier to remove the wheels when you let the axle drop all the way down.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I'm sure you are correct. However, my question is do you have the 0929 Bilstein shocks? These are a stiffer rating and are commonly placed on ImpalaSS and were originally intended for the older body style B-Body with open rear wheels.
Bilstein came out with a new shock I think #1517 for the 91 and later b-bodies with the closed wheel well. The 1517 has the additional 1" travel to aid in removal of the wheel (let's the wheel drop down far enough)when the car is jacked up. But the 1517 has a much weaker rebound and this is undesirable for me. I was just trying to findout if it will be a problem changing wheels/tires with the 0929, since I have them on order.

------------------
Rich A 95 1A2 SEO Wagon
Austin, TX

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see what you are saying. I have been recommended to buy a set of 1104/0929. That's what I'll be doing, and yes they are stiffer than the 1517. I think Randode has them on.... I think.... I'm not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts