Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 Police Caprice and need new shocks. The car sits high now but I am going to put intrax springs (or simular) on it. I notice there are chocks for police and non-caprice cars. If I am putting the different springs on it do I still get police shocks?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes you still get the same length shocks as you are not changing the horizontal movement of the suspension, just changing where it rides at rest. Since you are going with lowering springs you should go with a linear damped shock like the Bilstein 1104 (fronts) and 0929 (rears). I believe shox.com has them for around $85.00 each.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello.
The Bilsteins are a highly recommended shock for these cars.
Those part #'s are B46-1104(front) and B46-0929(rear) Shox.com has them for $249.80.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with the Bilsteins and would highly recommend them to anyone. Along with Shox.com. I think it is almost impossible to beat their prices!

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone tried landing a set of 929s from Shox.com lately?

I was told they are backordered until June. Fronts and rears were paid for (in April), told them to sit on the front ones until the rear ones are available and I haven't seen them yet.

Sure would like to receive them before the road trip to St. Louis - like I don't already have enough to do with my mill at the machine shop and a T56 sitting next to the 4L60E on the garage floor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.