Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you with bags, what kind of shocks are you using? thanks in advance.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have AirRideTechnoligies shocks in the back but I never mounted my front ones. You have to relocate them but I dotn think the car really needs them too much because of all the weight.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Up Front: QA1/HAL adjustable billet
Rear: El Cheapo Monroes

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the front I used Monroe part #33033 which is for a 73-87 2WD Full size Chevy truck. It's what comes in AirRide's kit. HTH.

Alex

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have shocks, I got slammed specialties 3 ply bags.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies. jimmer, how's the ride without shocks?

thanks again.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just helped put bags on my best Friend's 96 Impala. He bought a kit that was for an s-10 and then we modified it to work on his Imp. In the rear, we used his stock shocks, but up front we couldn't use anything because of the bag taking the place of the spring. So the only way to use shocks would be to relocate. We also had to notch out his frame (in the front) and weld some new pieces of metal in for strength. All in all, its not to hard to do. While driving behind him it looks quite bouncy but riding in the car you can't hardly tell.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by SStock...NOT:
thanks for the replies. jimmer, how's the ride without shocks?

thanks again.
The front is fine the back is getting some this weekend.
I going to use oil based shocks not gas, those will last longer, and ride better.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added a pic of my shock setup. I am using Airlift 2B6 extended bags with Airride Technologies front brackets and the shock tab. I have no clearance issues at all. The ride was OK without the shocks but depending on the road, it would get real bouncy and I wasn't too happy with that. After the shocks, the ride smoothed out a lot. A lot of people that ride in my car don't even know it's bagged till I hit the switches.

Alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts