Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holy crap !
Thanx jason, got my LE2 heads/cam en route.
That vid just got me lookin' forward to them even more!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a LE2 cam till a lifter spun and took it out. :( I opted to go with something special after talking to Lunati several times. Its much larger then the old LE2 and is probably even larger then a LE3 cam, in the 24x/25x area. Tonight should be the first time I drive the car in 4 months. :D

Jason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by gex:
I had a LE2 cam till a lifter spun and took it out. :( I opted to go with something special after talking to Lunati several times. Its much larger then the old LE2 and is probably even larger then a LE3 cam, in the 24x/25x area. Tonight should be the first time I drive the car in 4 months. :D

Jason
Let me know how it drives? Love the way your car idles! Can you help with my build? I know nothing about raising HP numbers and want to learn it all. I want a 383 naturally aspirated I guess you would say. I am willing to change the rear end, driveshaft, big brakes, paint, interior, powdercoat frame, exhaust, the entire suspension including Hotchkis front/rear sway bars and their extended upper and lower trailing arm kit. I am going to overhaul the entire car. I think you get the picture. Yeah, any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It actually drove fine with the 3.08's in it. A little slugish off the line, but no surging, or brake problems. I'm pretty sure the reason I'm able to pull this off is I'm running total seal gapless top rings. It was a gamble I took when building the motor, hoping to pull more vaccum and a little more HP, the downside is that they dont always seal 100% perfect. I think I got lucky. Since your just across the state you should try to make it to one of our meetings over in Tampa. The next one is on the 26th if your intrested shoot me a PM.

Jason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds awesome! That made me even more excited about my engine swap coming up in 2 weeks - TFS heads with LE2 porting and LE3 cam on a 385 stroker. If mine sounds anywhere near as nice as yours, I'll be pleased with the idle. Yours sounds sweet!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by gex:
It actually drove fine with the 3.08's in it. A little slugish off the line, but no surging, or brake problems. I'm pretty sure the reason I'm able to pull this off is I'm running total seal gapless top rings. It was a gamble I took when building the motor, hoping to pull more vaccum and a little more HP, the downside is that they dont always seal 100% perfect. I think I got lucky. Since you just across the state you should try to make it to one of your meetings over in Tampa. The next one is on the 26th if your intrested shoot me a PM.

Jason
When your done with tuning etc.. on your car let me know and I will make a trip over there. I gotta see it. When yall meet up?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am definetly down for heading out to one of your meets. jason i am still waiting for a vid of the exhaust capped off....cant wait...bad a$$ job jason...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We meet every Wednesday night. The 1st and 3rd are at Burger King at the corner of 19 & Main St. (580). The 2nd and 4th and 5th if there is one are at Cuban Breezes on the corner of Hillsborough Ave and Race Track Road. People start to get there around 6:30-7pm, were out there till 11-12am sometimes much later. I generally dont go to the Burger King meet, but almost always make the Cuban Breezes meet.

Rusty I'll have the exhaust welded up on saturday so, look for a new clip sometime next week.

Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.