Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C compressor when out so now I have a bypass pulley in place of the A/c compressor.

Long story short the bypass pulley is eating up serpentine belts. I have tried moving the belt a little over to the right and a little to the left, today I tried some different spacers (went to home depot today) and I was not comfortable with those either.

I have been told it is possible to run a shorter belt to route it around everything except the bypass pulley. Is this really possible and does anyone know the exact measurements or the exact belt I could use??

I have a 95 caprice 4.3 engine.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I had to put a couple of washers between the bypass pully bracket in order for it to be in line with the rest of the pulleys.What delete pulley are you using?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Are you sure you have the correct pulley? I heard something about you breaking one pulley and drilling the mounting holes out a second pulley.

How much shorter belt do you need? Take the belt you have to an auto parts and have them messure it.

When was the last time you replaced the belt tensioner?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Im not sure, they are just regular washers though. I wanna say I use three deep on all 3 bolts that hold it down. Sorry , I dont remember the size, also you will have to drill out the holes to use the factory bolts. the washers go behind the bracket to move it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was told that Nappa Auto Parts has as a shorter belt that you can use to bypass the AC COMPRESSOR. Nappa Part# 6K642. I'm in need of the same, can anyone else verify that this will work with out the use of the PULLEY?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts