Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my wheels 2 years ago and was only supossed to roll with them white a few weeks......well ended up sell my stocks and.....well you get it

I've been thinking or going with either a light silver or dark gunmetal color if I can find It I thought of using the same gray color that alot of OEM alloys come in...

one local shop gave me a rough quote or $200 powder coat shopp wants $300 but they may take while (they have allot of oil field work)

If I did them myself I would most likely use the duplicator stuff

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Nothing wrong with painting them yourself, as long as you prep them well.
Do what I will do... Get on youtube and look up some "how to do bodywork at home vids." I plan on painting my wheels myself, and prepping my truck for paint.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are cabo 907's in white I think they are powder coats with a clear coat I know for sure there clear coated because its scratched

the white is a major pain to keep clean also

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they have chrome allen head buttons that I think are glued in because I already tried removing them they also have machined lips but will probably just paint over to make the job easier

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
The buttons are plastic. Drill em out and buy new ones... I think Prestige wheel accessories has em.

Painting the whole wheel is a bad idea. You want to really flip it, Paint the wheel silver, then paint just the face of the star the same color as the top of your wagon (DCM?)

I'd bet you could do that with vinyl, too.

Kind of this effect:

With the white being silver and the black being DCM (?)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man I dont know what color this car is its definitely not DCM way to red I had ra the color code when I got it back in 06 and it came back as "Victory Red" so I run out and buy the touch up paint and find out its not even close to victory red either seen alot of cars this color but no one knows the name of the color

I was actually thinking doing some vinyl on them at one point in time was gonna do vinal on just the face and lettering on the lips and add white SS style scripts to the quarters.... but for some reason or another had changed my mind

the white actually goes well in person doesnt look back at all if I could find a good deal I'd even consider leaving the wheels alone and doing a 2 tone wrap with some satin white vinyl but I gues its hard to find in bulk could only find like door pillar kits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts