Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this isn't B body, but our other vehicle, the HHR.
I'm thinking about finding a junk yard HVAC control head and using duplicolor vinyl/fabric
spray to change the trim black to match the stereo head unit. I don't want to paint the
original incase the factory stereo goes back in someday. The trim snaps off the face of the
control head seperate from the buttons and knobs.

So what do you'all think, paint the HVAC trim black so it matches stereo or leave it the
grayish/tan color? I'm always going for the "could that have been factory" look.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I say paint it, looks out of place the color it is...

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I say sell it....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Glad to see you back, I haven't seen you around for several years. If I remember right you had the sedan that you made from two cars and the nice tan 93 Chev wagon with the nice seats. I also put in Roadmaster sedan seats and your posting was a great help.

Hope your back is feeling better.

Tom C.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I say sell it....
36 mpg highway, 27 mpg city.

Uh, no.

silverfox103; said:
Glad to see you back, I haven't seen you around for several years. If I remember right you had the sedan that you made from two cars and the nice tan 93 Chev wagon with the nice seats. I also put in Roadmaster sedan seats and your posting was a great help.

Hope your back is feeling better.

Tom C.
I so miss my wagon. Worst mistake ever was selling it. It was good running vehicle, A/C still worked great. Olds CC cladding fixed the rusted lower rear quarter problem, lol. But unable to work then, i needed the money. A buddy helped me save that wagon from the crusher, cost me $400 to buy it. I put new tires, brake calipers, fuel sending unit/pump, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, Olds bumpers and cladding. Put the alloy wheels off my 92 Caprice. I sold it for $1000, prolly a loss after all I had done to it. the guy that bought it from me had it a couple weeks and someone ran a red light and hit him head on and totalled it. Other guys insurance paid him $3000. I think he took the Limited seats and put them in his next wagon. Poor thing was literally on a flatbed headed to crusher when I bought it only to be valued at $3000 less than 2 years later.

Doing much better after the back surgery. About to start 3rd round of physical therapy trying to rebuild damaged leg muscles. Beachbody Coach program has saved me from depression and helped me loose about 40 pounds to date and still loosing, plus the income to buy the stereo above. Started out all I wanted was a way to control ipod through the factory stereo. GM PAL ipod control was $150 but no info if would work with base model stereo. I also wanted rear back up camera because with the lumbar fusion and already having neck pain, I'm very nervous backing out of parking spaces with people not watching there kids anymore. These head units are on ebay between $199 and $299. This one was $249 with GPS, DVD, iPod control, back up camera included. had to spend another $65 to get wire harness interface cause the new serial data cars like the HHR plays the vehicle warning chimes through the factory stereo. Its kinda weird, you hear the turn signal indicator through the front speakers. its sets codes in the BCM if you don't use the interface.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.