Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle gave me the option to trade my 95 DCM with minor mods and bolt ons with 100k for his 96 BBB stock SS with 180k.

the miles are higher but he is the orginal owner from 96! and it was his baby. My car 95 i believe is not in as good as condition.

He also will let me know swap over all my mods if i want.

Only thing that concerns me is the high miles. What you guys think?

·
Registered
260 Posts
just look at the difference in conditions between the 2 and has he keep up on the maintaince on it? if so i would do it if it sounds good deal

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah this 96 is cleaner inside and out I guess i should just ask if he has done anything with the tranny or anything. Seems like you would have to before 180k

·
Registered
116 Posts
No Brainer keep the 95

Me personally i always liked the :)95 the 96 has a different compression ratio plus it has the analog dash yukkkcwm9:( just my opinion though

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
analog dash has the tach though which is nice i wouldent have to put a aftermarket in. and im pretty sure mine has been in an acidednt before. alot more body/paint problems with mine

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't use a tach on my 95. With an auto, why?

Heavy modified too. ODB-I > ODB-II

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Hell yea do it man. In a heart beat.......due iiiiitttt.
X2 seems like i no brainer to do this swap especially since you can swap over mods. and the 96 is cleaner, one owner etc. Will be worth more than 95 imps

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
He's tryin to swap his higher mileage OBD2 car for your lower mileage OBD1 car. He's pullin a fast one on you. If you like the console shift and tach then install them in your '95.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol no hes not pullen a fast one on no one. hes goin sell the 96 but gave me the choice to swap and he would just sell the 95. This is the same guy who got the 95 for me. Anyways i decided im goin go for the swap i get pics soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts