Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dumb ass decided to attempt to show off to my girlfriend in an empty parking lot. This is the result. I hit a snowbank and when I tried to see if I could pull the dent out, a huge piece of the rear quarter panel came off in my hands. x.x Does anyone have an idea on how to at least pull the dent out? I'm a very low budget here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
If you don't care how it looks, you can try to pry it back out from the inside using something like a 2x4 or mallet.

Otherwise, you need a new quarter panel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to have that quarter panel and the other cut off below the body line eventually, so I might to see what I can do with a 2/4 or mallet. I'm trying to find another job as of now, so that's why I said I'm on a very low budget.

·
Registered
62 Posts
whatever you do don't use a metal hammer it will look really bad! ask me how I know!!! harbor freight sells a body repair kit that has the body hammers and dollies that would pop that out nice for around $30!!! Or use a rubber mallet from the inside to get best results like $2.99 at harbor freight or parts stores!! good luck

OH YEA WAS SHE IMPRESSED??

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
When the budget is low, risky behavior should be on low also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was she impressed? No. She laughed and resorted to calling my car a piece of ****. :p
That blows so it was a fail all the way around. I hate it when that happens!!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I remember when my wife wrecked my 1984 Vette in Germany in 1986, it was Veterans day and she was showing off in the autobahn and spun, then hit a guardrail and still to the day I can not forgive her.:mad:
If it was an '84 Vette, she did you a favor. Forgive her! :)

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I remember when my wife wrecked my 1984 Vette in Germany in 1986, it was Veterans day and she was showing off in the autobahn and spun, then hit a guardrail and still to the day I can not forgive her.:mad:
Lmao! that's why no chick is gonna drive by herself. An if she drives with me in it, i will still have one hand on the wheel lmao!cwm2

·
Registered
138 Posts
If it was an '84 Vette, she did you a favor. Forgive her! :)
I bought the Vette in May 1983 and it was one of the first ones produced, so I was very proud to have it and in Europe it was a hit with the European people, after it was wrecked I had it painted candy apple red and won many trophies there and here, we'll I sold it recently to a friend for $10,000 and it still looks good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.