Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im re doing my trunk and need idea's

i think there was a thread like this but is gone now.

first off the box was made by ADAM aka SHOWSS12

he been made it for me just never got to pick it up. he does any kinda box if your money right. and thats why i have a REG box lol but i got it before an INC meet we had and was up ALL NIGHT putting it in but this how it came out lol

wires EVERYWHERE.

been like that for months *july i think*
but anywayz went to anthing INC member *carlos* shop so we can redo somethangs

you can see his impala in the back ground he getting it ready for paint

i got more pics but im tried as hell

anywayz BEFORE

AFTER

we still gotta wrap the box and built side paniels to put the amps but until than ima roll like this. but i would like to see anther trunks..

and whats a pic thread without a BYB pix

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Oh hell... Here we go...

Every time these threads start, a LOT of questions come up... Why did the forum have to crash???? cwm2

I worked slowly on this for 3 months and did it all myself. Left a LOT of blood in the trunk! Don't EVER want to do it again! :D

The build pics...

Ended up going with longer ports... See below

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The results...

Switches are for original trunk light and the box lights...

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damnnn

·
Registered
909 Posts
Looks good how does it sound SSuspect? And that trunk looks a WHOLE lot cleaning Rider.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Put in in 2006 but still working out. Wanted a full spare tire and subs.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Looks good how does it sound SSuspect? And that trunk looks a WHOLE lot cleaning Rider.
Thanks! The sound quality is AMAZING! I was completely blown away with it when it was finally finished. The entire interior and trunk are double lined with FatMat and the subs are sealed into the cabin through the port. It can be beating like hell inside and you can hold a normal conversation at the back of the car with the trunk open. NOTHING RATTLES AT ALL!

System - Eclipse deck, Phoenix Gold Titanium amps (500.4 for cabin and 800.1 for subs), Focal 6.5 comps up front, Alpine coaxials in rear for fill, Eclipse aluminum subs.

It hit 139.6 at a sound-off comp a year ago or so. The weak link are the subs, but I generally listen to rock/metal/progressive/blues and the system absolutely KILLS with this kind of music. If I pop a sub, I'll change them out, but for now, all is great! The system actually moves your hair... :D

Is it the baddest system around? NO. But considering I did 100% of it myself I am EXTREMELY happy with the outcome.

Here is an interesting little vid that I did when I was first messing with it. The bass trashes the microphone on the camera (there is actually zero distortion), but the rag does an interesting dance on the port... :D

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Looking good BJ.. and yes if anyone need a box hit me up, but shipping might be a bitch....

Okay here are my pics, of my current trunk.

I will be working on another truck set-up and a 94 Impala that we are doing a full show car build....

·
Registered
599 Posts
Here is my setup.Setup is a lil old so it may be time to change it up.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i love alot of these trunks im looking to do some custom stuff myself a 10 and 12 on each side and build a wall on the back and put the 2 1000 watt amps any one have a set up like that

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

Built by me.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
These are some really great looking trunks. I really wish I had the skills/monies to do something like this. I'm stuck with a box that's 4.4 cubes net tuned to 31 Hz for 2 12"s. It's a good box and all, but it's nothing like any of this. :(

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hey Wattslok, one of these days your gonna have to teach me the art of fiberglassing
Sure. I need a wagon so i can do a full fiberglass hatch. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
cwm4dont let ole boy dump it Ill buy it from you.......layaway of course!

Here is my setup.Setup is a lil old so it may be time to change it up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Nice trunks guys, my pop's gots a shop with all the tools and materials. I just don't have the talent and patience to do it though. And to pay a shop to do it would cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Nice trunks guys, my pop's gots a shop with all the tools and materials. I just don't have the talent and patience to do it though. And to pay a shop to do it would cost an arm and a leg.
So if your father is a cabinet maker have him make it? a box is just like any other cabinet

·
Registered
560 Posts
So if your father is a cabinet maker have him make it? a box is just like any other cabinet
I guess you can say that. Cart maker is the same as a cabinet maker. He's in the process of finding a new building to move into, I'll have to check with him and put something together one of these weekends.

1 - 20 of 609 Posts