Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Active Topics bedsheet you get the first pic:

Well I could swear there had been more than 5 replies, so clicking it I find in fact there are total 11 (of 6 lol), but which does not include anything from babywag. Only upon logging in do I get to see his post 12 of 6:

Out side of the counting glitch, there are repeat instances where I do not see all reply posts, sometimes if not logged in, and sometimes even when I am.

Attachments

·
Administrator
444 Posts
Thanks for the heads up,

Seems like a syncing issue.
I'll start a rebuild to get this fixed.
Please give it a while for it to kick in.

Ed

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank Lee. But the gist of the problem is not one of lost posts or threads. It's that the total number of posts in a given thread are visible to some viewers, while others are just not seeing them all. The problem is further compounded by not knowing exactly how many replies there actually are in a thread because the count is not accurate on the topic index page. And there's the 3rd issue of the post counter stalling for a given thread for those who ARE able to see all the posts (i.e Post 39 of 30...)

3 problems, and not experienced by everyone apparently.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IT'S BaaaaAACCK!

When not logged in this is shown for the attached thread. The problem is that 95wagon's post is actually #5, which in turn does not appear in the thread (when not logged in) - and DOES show up only after logging in. The problem this causes is potential for unintentionally stepping on (or repeating) another's reply if viewing a thread before logging and then proceeding to reply (of course after logging in).

Perhaps just picking nits, but it might appear a poster is intentionally ignoring another's reply = potential for confusion or unintended upset. So, any way to bulletproof this issue away for good?

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
When this happens it looks like the database isn't updating.
For example, when I looked this morning, it was showing posts marked "Today" that were actually made yesterday.

·
Administrator
444 Posts
When not logged in this is shown for the attached thread. The problem is that 95wagon's post is actually #5, which in turn does not appear in the thread (when not logged in) - and DOES show up only after logging in. The problem this causes is potential for unintentionally stepping on (or repeating) another's reply if viewing a thread before logging and then proceeding to reply (of course after logging in).

Perhaps just picking nits, but it might appear a poster is intentionally ignoring another's reply = potential for confusion or unintended upset. So, any way to bulletproof this issue away for good?
With regards to threads not updating when you're logged out.
We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security.
This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's what's going on here.

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts