Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 9c1 and today on my way home from physical therapy, under really heavy rain my car just shut down waited like 45min and then it started,has any1 on here ever go thru that.lmk

also i the car has been in rain before and it never happend but than again today's rain was more than usual.help:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
After I rebuilt my Opti the engine ran great except that it now refused to start in damp weather. I removed the ignition wire at the coil and found it badly corroded. I replaced the coil and wire and the problem was solved. Why this occurred at the exact time that I did the distributor, I have no idea. Something related to Murphy's Law I guess!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
im runnin MSD (cause it was $20 or 30$ and was all i could get at the time) no problems at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check it before you replace it! Look at the contact where the HV wire attaches. It could be fine, and the problem may be elsewhere. If it needs to be replaced, use a good quality unit of your choice. The factory units are of excellent quality. I found a "Standard" brand premium unit on Amazon at a great price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.