Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys . .
I'm looking for the color strips that comes on the sides that matches the interior color on 91-96 caprice
Blue in my case
I looked online didn't find any part#
Any help is appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
7,986 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply . .

I mean these 2 strips that come into one :

https://ibb.co/mFJFGc

I've checked the site you sent I don't see them same as factory

Where can I find the blue color ?
Did they even come from GM ?

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Thanks for your reply . .

I mean these 2 strips that come into one :

https://ibb.co/mFJFGc

I've checked the site you sent I don't see them same as factory

Where can I find the blue color ?
Did they even come from GM ?

They were painted on from the factory which is why you can not find a part number for them. You need to find a good local pinstriper or buy whatever tape is closest to what you are looking for. Good Luck.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
They were painted on from the factory which is why you can not find a part number for them. You need to find a good local pinstriper or buy whatever tape is closest to what you are looking for. Good Luck.

Mike--94MSP9C1
Hey Mike, did they ALL come from factory with painted on pin stripes? So the car was striped and then clear coated over it all? I only say that cause most of the factory cars I've seen have used tape. My Black 95 Caprice which was purchased in 97 HAD a nice dual RED pinstripe that I later removed....very tedious but looks great all black. Those had a point at the front fenders where the 2 stripes were brought together. Then that double stripe ran the entire sides and wrapped around the back trunk lid area.

Also, a 06 Black Pontiac G6 we just bought has a set of Siler Stripes that run down the sides of the car. Both front fenders have a break right behind the wheels that has a matching Pontiac Logo. I'm in the process of removing those cause they are weathered and look like crap. Got on of those removal tools and cleaned off 1 fender already. Again, it's tedious even with the tool but the color fade is pretty minimal and the fender looks good.

OP - back in the day I remember pin stripe tape kits that also included 2 little "point" decals you could add at the front of the pinstripe. You could also do this yourself with a steady hand and just lay the stripe down so it comes together to form the "point". You could pick up the tape and do it yourself and it looks like there are a LOT of color options out there.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Our 91-96 Caprice's were offered with factory painted pinstripe it was an option,except on the Caprice 93/94 LS models it was standard. RPO D90 on the spid label. Very common for dealerships to add tape striping too.Anything they believe will help to sell a car.
Jim

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
That's interesting and good to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts