Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well while working on the impala, i attempted to fix and exhaust leak its had since ive bought it,,,,, well the last manifold bolt is stripped not loose like i hoped , and the car has aluminum heads (nothing fancy just ones off of an lt1 comaro, not sure if theres any port work though)

you guys think it will be ok to tap the hole out for a slightly bigger bolt? im not super familar with the head design on the lt1 is there a water jacket or anything that i should watch out for?

i hope to do this while the head is still on the car :mad:

its the last bolt closest to the firewall on the driver side

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome didnt even think of that

how big will i have to drill out the hole? any chance of damage or negatives to using the heli coil?

thanks for the quick reply!!!!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Could you remove the manifold and see if there is any material of the bolt sticking out that you could grab with pliers?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
the bolt isnt stuck in the hole, the down pipe off the turbo smacked it repeatably , thats what im guessing happend over time, its actually a bolted stud and would rest right against the downpipe

theres nothing in the hole , i bought some arp manifold bolts and when i went to loosen the stud it fell out....

and i could feel with the arp bolt it was only catching like a thread or 2

thanks for the advice guys!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.