Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August I posted about this in one of the For Sale posts and have had several folks ask about it.

This is the true Plug-n-Play replacement for our underhood vacuum hoses in silicone with detailed photo instructions and numberd hoses to the photo guide.

The kit will replace 11 different lines for the following systems.
  • Brake Booster
  • Valve Cover Vent
  • EGR Valve
  • Both Opti-Spark Vents
  • Carbon Canister Vents
  • Fuel Pressure Regulator
  • PCV Line Fittings
  • All Intake vacuum lines
A couple of folks have bought and seem as impressed and pleased as I.

The price is right...try buying acouple of those molded hoses OEM and see what you would pay.

For those who like "colors" they have gloss red, gloss blue and, for us stealth guys, old fashioned gloss black!

Here is a link, tell 'em you saw it on the impalass forum:

The current auction is 250693287393 ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LT1-94-97-Silicone-Vacuum-Set-Camaro-Firebird-/250693287393?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5e7bfde1 )

Enjoy,

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Not sure about these, but some silicone hoses used in vacuum applications are too soft, too pliable, and can collapse under heavy vacuum.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about his sets, been waiting for him to bring back the LT1 application. Didn't the price jump quite a bit though?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The link is the LT1 application...

Also, I think it only went up two dollars since I bought my original set a couple of years ago. What I like is being able to get all the hoses, including the Opti vent setup, at one time and for around what a couple of those special little molded hoses would cost.

I understand there are many on the forum who may not want to see the true condition of the hoses on our 15 or so year old cars. Out of sight, out of mind...or... "What is a day without a vacuum leak?"

I do not often post about something unless I personally know it works but aalso know what works for me may not for another. At least this seller includes a complete picture of what he is selling. This is somethis most people on the forum seem unable to do.

Make your own decision...

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
429 Posts
Been looking at those for awhile. Hadn't heard any feed back on them till now. I think I'll go ahead and pick up a set. How long have you had them on?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
So he only has one kit available going to the highest bidder? There's not even a "buy it now" option. WTF?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The kit will replace 11 different lines for the following systems.
  • Brake Booster
  • Valve Cover Vent
  • EGR Valve
  • Both Opti-Spark Vents
  • Carbon Canister Vents
  • Fuel Pressure Regulator
  • PCV Line Fittings
  • All Intake vacuum lines
Silicone and oil/fuel do not mix. I've pieced a silicone replacement set together for mine and it didn't cost much at all. For those who don't want to bother w/ going through this, this is a nice option. But I would recommend against using the PCV, Fuel regulator & canister lines. They will eventually "slime and collapse" as a result of the chemical Rx. By "slime" I mean that nasty glue GM used for their electrical tape. Nasty stuff. The silicone tubing kind of gets like that w/ exposure to fuel/oil. They are making fluoro-silicone hoses now that are OK w/ fuel/oil. Ask the seller if the hoses are fluoro-silicone or silicone rubber based.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I bought a set a few years back for my 96 ss, I didn't like the quality of the kit. In my opinion I wouldn't waste the money on it again.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had them for over a year. Bought them farther back than that but you know how "getting around to it" can be. I bought the second set a couple of months ago. That set will go on the Fleetwood.

So far no issues. Seem to be holding up in the Florida heat. Not cracking is a plus for me. I had new opti lines so did not replace that piece.

Seem worthy, but for every opinion there is an equal and opposite opinion negating the first opinion. It is up to experience to determine what is what.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a set of those hoses on My Lady for over a year with no problems at all.
Here is some pictures & pleae excuse the dirt. My ex-parts replacer didn't know how to keep things clean. I've been trying to clean or replace everything under the hood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts