Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if any of you guys ever installed or seen an installed single din radio with a 7'' monitor. i want a double din but dont want to have to tear my perfect dash up to make on fit in my din 1/2 slot im looking at buying the unit below any of yall ever seen this?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
yo i like that top one... and also the fact you can take it off,
how much do those go for ?
might be in the market for one for the right price!
thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They don't make a din 1.5 with a solid screen?

...is this screen motorized and folds in and out?
not that i have seen, yeah it folds out and in to put cds in

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have that exact unit, but I have something similar. Being that mines a daily, I like that I can take my whole screen with me when I go to the store, park, etc...
you have pics of what you have installed?

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey now,

i would like to get the sound stream one as well but i do not know if it will fit in our cars?

i have a aftermarket 1 din alpine in there right now and just want to make sure it will fit fine with the screen in place.

i need a bluetooth radio so i can talk hands free (with the six speed hands my hands are full) and all my music is on a usb flash drive.

thanks,

dave

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey now,

well i did a little research and the radio in this tread is the vr 730 b which is a detachable face w bluetooth.

but there is a motorized detachable screen that has angle adjustment that is model vr 732 b, and this is probally the one i will go with.

now i need to find the best price? ebay? let know where you would buy from?

thanks,

dave

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey now,

another update

ebay has it for 270 shipped

amazon has it 255 shipped

and the picture in the first post must be a older model, now it has a knob on the face.

any place cheaper?

thanks, dave

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey now,

another update,

i called a local car audio shop that i saw carried soundstream stuff and asked what he could get me the vr 732 b and he called me back shortly and said $219, so i went after work and paid up front for it and it came out to 233 with tax and he said it should be here in a day or two.

here is a pic of it

here is a link to its specs
http://www.soundstream.com/Video Products/InDash/VR-732.html

i will post some pics when it gets installed

thanks,

dave

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey now,

install update.

here is the old radio

now here is the new.

here it is tilted to the first setting

here it is all the way up to put cds and dvds in

i am using the one fitting that sets the radio out from the dash a inch or two, there is one that makes the radio sit almost flush.

i need to bypass the brake wire so i can play video all the time and when i do i will try the flush mount, it looks like it will work ok without hitting anything.

one cool thing i have noticed so far is it plays the music in my phone thru blutooth so i am going to un plug the usb in the side of the display.

i will update more later.

thanks,

dave

1 - 20 of 29 Posts