Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't receive any bass from amp/subs when Sirius is playing.
I have a Kenwood KDCMPV6022, MTX amp/subs. Any ideas are appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
do you have the subwoofer output on? on kenwoods, you can have different settings for each sourse (tuner, cd, sirius).

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the wiring at the back of the deck. You may have the BLUE lead from the deck hooked to the turn on lead for your amplifier. It should be hooked to the BLUE/WHITE.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Sal:
do you have the subwoofer output on? on kenwoods, you can have different settings for each sourse (tuner, cd, sirius).
I changed some of the settings for Sirius source but didn't noticed the sub setting; I'll look again. If that doesn't work then I'll re-check the wiring this weekend as Hack stated.
Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not to be rude to hack but i doubt it'll be the wiring because then you wouldnt get sound when cd is playing either and only when am/fm is.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wiring looks good and settings look good as well. Although, I couldn't find a specific setting for subwoofers. I'm going to try to call their support to see what's going on. Their web site sucks for troubleshooting and support. Thanks for your help.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by HACK:
Check the wiring at the back of the deck. You may have the BLUE lead from the deck hooked to the turn on lead for your amplifier. It should be hooked to the BLUE/WHITE.
I finally got it fixed. The amp wire was hooked up to the blue/white but it didn't work when in CD or Sirius mode, only tuner mode. So I hooked it up to the 12v red wire and now the tuner/CD/Sirius all work with the amp. :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the update. thats weird. the deck also has a blue wire off its harness right? i wonder if maybe they are reversed. what was happening was that the amp would only go on with the radio right? that means it was hooked up to a lead giving current only when the radio was on, and the nonyl wire that is like that is the power antenna wire. probably a manufacturing mistake. i heard that kenwood had made some mistakes on its 2003 harnesses

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Sal:
thanks for the update. thats weird. the deck also has a blue wire off its harness right? i wonder if maybe they are reversed. what was happening was that the amp would only go on with the radio right? that means it was hooked up to a lead giving current only when the radio was on, and the nonyl wire that is like that is the power antenna wire. probably a manufacturing mistake. i heard that kenwood had made some mistakes on its 2003 harnesses
Yes, the harness has a blue wire and I tried hooking it up to that but the amp didn't work at all. Thanks for the help and the heads up on the Kenwood harness issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts