Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that skipwhiteperformance.com offers opti sparks and caps for the lt1.

Does anyone have any experience in the parts they sell?
They offer a brand new opti and the cap for about 60$.

Please let me know if anyone has purchased one if these units and how it has performed...

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I installed one in the wife's 95 B4U a couple of months back and it's been running fine. It's a little early to say how it'll hold up, but so far so good.

-Jim

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I have one in each of my 3 cars and a spare in the shop just in case. The bearing on my last one went out. Only reason i pulled it. Had oil inside. There used to be a high quality timken bearing number you could renew it with that made the opti like new again, but I cant find the info anywhere though.

Chris

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your input.

Have any of you noticed any power loss or any diffrence in performance, between delco and the skip white ?

I'm leaning towards buying one now that there's been 3 positive responses, and no one has chimed in to say that theyre garbage ....

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'm in the same boat and looking at getting a Skip White to have as a backup. A general search across several forums turn up a lot of "you get what you pay for" type posts, but there are very few actual failure reports.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I spoke to the people at skip white, they said that they sell 1 or 2 of these optis per month and he said that in the past 4 years he could only recall one coming back from a dissatisfied customer.

So, I am probably going to try one and hope it does what its supposed to....

·
Registered
887 Posts
I threw one in my SS a couple weeks ago. Trans went out about 400 miles later so I haven't run it very long but it sems fine so far.

·
Registered
99 Posts
optispark

So I got and installed one of these Skip White Optisparks. The car runs great, but I have no vacuum at the snorkel. I checked the vacuum harness, and it all works fine, no leaks, filter and check valve installed correctly. I have vacuum to the distributor, but nothing on the other side going to the snorkel. Those of you that have these, do you have vacuum at the snorkel as described in the Buick Know How video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFCjaz6zHfc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts