Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a 4000RS-2w-1 from Skytek. Remote starter, keyless entery. Now the problem when you try and email their tech support you get no response. When you call them they ask if your a dealer and if not they say "give us your name and number and we'll call you back" they don't. 90% of the alarm is working fine. When you open door and close them the passive and rearming setting will start to work. Problem is that the rearming will work even if you have the doors open and keep rearming until you turn the ignition on. Next the remote starter works with direct hook, but if install the relay to give it the anti grin and starter defeat it will only start with the remote and not with the key. Anyone ever had a problem like this. manual On page 17 pin 5 what the purpose for hooking up this wire, plus it say found on most ford car, does them mean i don't use it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
that is your ignition wire it has to be hooked up. If it is not hooked up your arm will not act correctly. It has to sense you turning on the key or IT WILL continue rearming all the time like it is doing. It looks like you have seperate ignition input wires. I will send you a chart we use shortly.

As for the anti grind it sounds like you dont have the wire from the key hooked up.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it already hooked up to the ignition wire because it will work with the vault mood to control different function plus when you turn on the car or ignition the alarm will not arm. The doors will arm and rearm but once it start the ream cycle it should not rearm if the door is open. On my other caprice if the door is open the alarm will not rearm until you shut the door. I see your diagram but neither of my car have a purple wire. The ingnition on my cars or yellow both 94 caprices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts