Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Exactly how does this mount? I would like to get it but where and how does it mount? straight ahead or off to the drivers side?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by azmusclecar:
Exactly how does this mount? I would like to get it but where and how does it mount? straight ahead or off to the drivers side?
The pipe goes from the intake elbow over toward the stock airbox in the DS corner. You remove the stock box and filter.

SStewart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by UndercoverPunk:
So if one were to get one of those they would want to build an air box around it correct?
If you want it to truly be a CAI...then yes, you would need to seal the cones off from the engine's heat.

I did notice a nice difference when I installed it as is though. It is not bad for the price, but if you were set on going the route of buying something like this, I would prefer the K&N kit over the SLP one.

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got mine way back in 95 and I still love it. For the most part it is out of the way when working on the car. The others are right over the front and have to be removed any time you want to do anything other than put oil in it.

The only 2 issues there is, is it's a good idea to put a big rubber vaccuum block-off cap on the post that lets it rest on the PCM for stability (keeps from having metal to metal contact) and the MAF is real close to the wishy-washer low fluid sensor. But other than that, it gets virtually no engine heat where it's located.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the answer and suggestion guys, I think I will wait until I can afford ....what is it the SSRI. Any really BAD things on that one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by azmusclecar:
thanks for the answer and suggestion guys, I think I will wait until I can afford ....what is it the SSRI. Any really BAD things on that one?
No troubles here, pretty easy to remove when you have to work on something (I'm getting ready to do the HD Elec Water Pump)

Also, look at the RAISS system. A good search will yield lots of opinions on both. I liked the look of the SSRI over the RAISS.

I use my SSRI on a daily driver now, and no problems with rain'n such so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input and pic Brokecello....I live in the desert so hopefully I won't have rain issues on the 30 days a year when it does. Now back to the 70's and sunshine........oh darn it's only 69....where's my coat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.