Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brand new condition SLP headers for sale. I bought them from Preston about 2 years ago, had them re-coated by jet-hot and have never used them.

They come with the modified alternator bracket (brand new) and exhaust manifold gaskets (though I would recommend you get Earl's pressure master).

The AIR and EGR ports have been disabled by Preston. He put a nut in there and welded it. It can probably be reversed if you wanted to, but he really went to town with the welder. I'd recommend using one of the stickers available from naisso to show it's been disabled per TSB #01-06-04-011

As most of you know, these headers have been discontinued for a long time. The last set currently searchable on ebay's completed listings went for $900.99. They are 50 state CARB legal CARB E.O. D-187-10

$950 shipped

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If a forum member in active service of any branch of the Canadian or US armed forces wants these, I will let you have them for $850 shipped.

Preston made me a deal on these based on this, and it's only fair that I pass it along.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ya why so high on the price ?? $850 seems outragiuos.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess since the "for sale" section sticky got deleted during the data loss fiasco it doesn't apply anymore...:rolleyes:
The price is set based on the historical ebay/forum sales of SLP headers, whether new (which sell for more than 850 shipped, often a lot more) or in need of a re-coat (which almost always adds up to more than 850 shipped).

If you don't like the price, feel free to go buy a set directly from the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Those do look alot better than when I sold the car to Preston. I really thought that the stainless would've held up better than that.

Good luck with the sale though, I didn't pay near that much for them brand new.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks Wolf, I amended my post.

The majority of SLP buyers are people who have to conform to emissions laws/requirements since there are no current offerings that are 50 state legal, except the ghastly Edelbrocks, which aren't even a direct fit (they require cutting on the pax side).

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
You've been trying to pawn these off for nearly a year, if your not gonna be a little flexible with trying to sell a set of "USED" headers, than you ought to post them on feabay where you'll get what you want in return:confused:... I'm jus saying...<<sarcasm

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Due to my military obligations, I've been away from home for the last two years. To avoid being put in a situation where I could not ship out the headers in a timely manner, I didn't "actively" try to sell them. I would occasionally make a post when I knew I had a couple of days where I could spend time at home and then ship out the headers to another forum member, then would let the post fade away.

Now that I'm (finally) back home, this post was supposed to be to try to offer them to forum members one more time before moving on. I am open to intelligent offers, but if I can't get a reasonable amount, I'll simply give them to my brother for his 96 Caprice wagon.

Also, no tri-ys were ever smog legal.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.