Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like theres no stiffer stock height spring and would like to level out the car. I was thinking of a caprice spring but afraid it will give it a raked affect. It sages pretty good with a 100 pound speaker box, amp rack and amps about 50 pounds and the spare tire around 50 pounds. With a few people in the rear its horrible.

My other option would be to go with a lowering spring that would be stiffer but try to find the least amount of drop. Dont really want to drop the impala but if it would achieve level with all the speaker gear I would be happy. What brand might this set of four springs be?

Any advice or suggestions would be great?

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you're wanting to raise the rear to equal the front, then just put a set of helper air bags on the rear! If you're wanting to bring the front down to match the rear, then get a set of lowering springs for the front! But, from what I can tell, you have a lot in the rear and want to raise it back up to "stock" height, so in that case I would get a set of helper bags from Jegs, or Summit, and use those!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeadSled : you never contacted me about trying the Moog CC507. I'm serious about that "try before you buy" thing!

I think that spring is gonna do what you're looking for.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.