Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quarter size leak from the gear box. I put my finger underneath and sure enough there was fluid. Fluid is still within max limits in the fill tank.

I have another one I can send off to get rebuilt. Who has had theirs rebuilt and are their any improvements that can be done on the turning ratio?

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
The only way to change turning ratios is to get a box with different gearing. The rebuild will check for broken or worn parts, and you get new seals and bearings. They do not change ratios.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way to change turning ratios is to get a box with different gearing. The rebuild will check for broken or worn parts, and you get new seals and bearings. They do not change ratios.

Ahhhhh, I see. Where can I get one with a with a shorter turning ratio?

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
You can order them from numerous sources, you just have to specify the ratio. There are some aftermarket units available as well. The after market units can be pricey, but can also be tighter, both in ratio, and slop.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.