Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
its is a nice feature but on top of the the price for the alarm, you have to buy a module(300.00 +) to hook to the alarm to make the smartstart work. You could be in it up to 700 dollars.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
no its only 500. its 300 if you already have a viper alarm system installed. im thinking of getting this. the only downfall is what happens if your phone dies, breaks, gets stolen, etc. you might want to keep the remote handy as well

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got the 5701, and living out here in SF there is no reason for remote start other than to stunt. I was thinking of doing the Smartstart app but I think that will just be too much, already paid about 400 for alarm( had some extra stuff installed trunk pin and tilt sensor) The smartstart is another 300, its not really worth it. Viper should drop the price on the module, if you already have a compatible alarm with the smartstart. Where you been hidding Ataboy1116, comming out the cut with all this new money aha. Keep doing your thang, your whip game is definitely serious.

·
Registered
38 Posts
and then after all that is said and done with the alarm and the module I think they give you a free year of service then you have to pay yearly for service even though it's not that bad if you break it down per month it's just the principal behind it all.....

·
Super Moderator
2,874 Posts
I have installed about 5 of these and they work great. You can also do it with a Blackberry now.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If they released it for android and if it alerted you if your alarm was goin off, I would be on it

·
Super Moderator
2,874 Posts
Talked to Directed last week and the app for the Android will be out soon. THe app does a "push" to the phone and will alert you if your alarm is triggered.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Talked to Directed last week and the app for the Android will be out soon. THe app does a "push" to the phone and will alert you if your alarm is triggered.
Nice, thanks hack, ill keep my eyes peeled for this.

·
Super Moderator
2,874 Posts
No, the module will only work on the newer alarms and remote start pieces. 5701/5901 and others.

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I seen that they released the app for android recently (or I'm just slow). I know people have said it pushes the alerts to iphones does it also do this for android? Also I don't let anyone work on my car on things I can do, so does anyone have a workaround to registering the device or am I gonna have to find an authorized dealer that will let me use their code or is this something they could do remotely if I gave them the s/n or whatever?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts