Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting one of the Speedpass/SmartTag boxes in the near future, but noticed that we cannot use the conventional ones because of our windshields. I saw one of the license plate mounted units, and the idea came to me to try mounting it behind the front grill instead of on the license plate itself. My only concern is the sheet metal blocking the signal.

Has anyone else tried mounting it up behind the grill? I'd love to be able to keep the front of the car as clean as possible

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I have a speedpass in Fla. Won't work through my windshield, so i have it stuck to my rear window by the third brake light.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have a speedpass that has worked on my trucks. Why won't it work on our windshields?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I have a speedpass that has worked on my trucks. Why won't it work on our windshields?
The Sungate's Reflective Tint Bounces the Signal back to whatever you have that ommits one, thus rendering said Item Usless(Ie one of these Passes, or a Dash/Windshield Mounted Radar Detector).....

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've got a 9C1 with the standard windsheild and e-z pass works great. If you've got a Sungate, it'll block the pass.

In cities where you have to parallel park, the plate mount gets smashed very quickly so behind the grille works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.